Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

More Swiss Wildlife

I have been getting a lot of work done on 'Particle Play' lately.  I am trying to get as much written as possible before it's time to head back to Basel for Fasnacht.  This serves a double purpose of getting the play written and saving money. But, all of the particles swirling inside my head are telling me to get out, get out, get out!

So I bought some running shoes, which work equally well as walking shoes.  I have found a little path by the river in Verscio, where I have actually gone on one little run (going again tomorrow).  I thought the path might go all the way to Intragna (or at least the little town at the bottom of the valley below Intragna).  So, I've been taking some mini-hikes starting in Intragna and going down into the valley, in search of the path. 

While I haven't found that path, I have found a nice flat stretch on the other side of the river, and I've also seen some signs of spring!

Crocuses!  Look closely at the bee!

Donkey!

More donkeys!

The river below Intragna - it's rising as the weather gets warmer.

Last but not least, the FART train crossing into Intragna.

2 comments:

  1. I hope I don't grow up before you finish writing about the FART train. Because I crack up like a kid. Every. Single. Time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! And I see it/ride it every day!

    ReplyDelete