Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

A walk to Minusio

When I do go to classes in Minusio, I start by getting on the (FART) train and then walk from Locarno.  Sometimes, if I get up early enough, I stop for a cappuccino at the panetteria outside the station and read some invigorating Brian Greene to jumpstart my day before plunging into a couple hours of jumping around and rolling on the floor - hooray for physical theatre!  After la colazione (breakfast) I walk along Lago Maggiore until I see 'my tower,' as my teacher, Jean-Martin Roy described it to me.  Then I turn left, and right and right agaiin and I'm ready to go.

The first week here was downright balmy!  I was thinking of investing in some Swiss-Italian sunglasses!  But now it's cold, like the rest of the Northern hemisphere.  Still, it is a lovely walk...

Boats on a misty January morning, Lago Maggiore

Sunrise behind 'my tower'

Lago Maggiore in January

More boats


I think these are tangerines.  Must have been a sour season...

No comments:

Post a Comment