Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

La Gatta Svizzera and other updates

OK!  After six whole days in the country, I am still technically homeless, but living in luxury as a catsitter in a lovely mountain home at the last train stop before Switzerland becomes Italy.  It has been an adventure so far!  Getting the hang of living in a new country is very different than coming as a tourist.  For some reason, the jet lag takes longer to disappear.  But, now that I have begun my Improvisation class with Jean-Martin Roy at the Scuola Dimitri, sleep is no longer a problem. 

The first couple of days were filled with such exciting adventures as learning how to type on a Swiss keyboard, figuring out how to ride the Fart train (actually a beautiful ride - it doesn't smell bad, but it does take its time going up, down, and around the winding mountain tracks), and how to open a Swiss Bank account (those things have earned their reputation!). 

But it is all working out.  Everybody here is very nice and helpful.  The students in the class are very generous and I am grateful to be back in a class for a change!  And, the Masters classes are taught in English here, which makes things easier for me.  I have been able to observe some of the bachelors classes, which are taught in Italian, and I think I'm starting to pick it up.  Looking forward to having a place with some other people, so I can maybe practice some more.  Although, today I was starting to think that I should have learned some German, since just about everybody speaks it.  I'm sure I'll pick some up before I'm through here.


I was going to try to post some photos this time around, but the computer seems to have other ideas.  Better luck next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment