Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The cutest Swiss apartment EVER - photos

My apartment is still cute, if a little colder than it was in my initial excitement...  It actually snowed here yesterday!  Snow.  In the land of Swiss palm trees.  It doesn't compute.  I have been spending a but of time in the cute little Swiss apartment over the last few days.  I'm saving money and boning up on particle physics to get ready for my trip to Geneva next week.  This weekend I have FINISHED Lisa Randall's Warped Passages as well as Brian Greene's The Fabric of the Cosmos (good.  Now I can read his new one...).  Eyeballs are just about falling out.  So I think I deserve a blogging break (and possibly some more ciocolatta calda!).

Here are some photos in and around the apartment:

steps up to my floor

View of the bell tower from the stairwell.
The bell is like an alarm clock - it goes off at about 7:15 every morning.  But because the sun isn't up yet, I sleep through it, just like any other alarm clock.

The mysterious blue crutch

Apparently soft boiled eggs are an important part of Swiss cuisine.  Although they are not mentioned in any of my guidebooks, every place I've stayed so far is well-equipped with cute little egg cups.  This apartment has two sets!


Egg Cup 1

Egg Cup 2
Does anyone out there know how to soft boil an egg?
5 minutes instead of 10?
How exactly do you peel it?
Then how do you eat it?
With toast?


Meat grinder?
What is this?

More photos to come!  I'm not quite ready to go back to my notes...

No comments:

Post a Comment