Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

Fire Hydrants for Doug

My brother keeps a very excellent and well-organized blog dedicated to pieces of public infrastructure made out of metal with dates on them.  You can find it at http://historyequalsplace.blogspot.com/.  I'll link him on the left.  I've been trying to find some cool Swiss things for him, but so far I haven't found anything that actually has a date on it.  I'll keep trying.  But for now, here are some things I've found.  Doug, I'm emailing these to you as I type!!

Fire hydrant in front of a renovated casa rustici in the Piazza in Intragna

Drain in the middle of the main street in Verscio

This is not a fire hydrant.  I'm not sure what it is.  I think it might be an electric car plug?  I saw a guy futzing with it on one of my morning walks to Minusio.

Ok, Doug.  I am sending these to you right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment