Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

My mother asked what I've been eating.  Not much outside of my own home!  However, now that I do have my own place, I can cook more easily (and stay within my nonexistant budget!).  Here is a recipe that I made up (after cooking similar recipes from actual cookbooks for years):

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

1.  Go to the Centovalli region of Ticino, Switzerland and prepare questa zuppa in a cute vacation apartment.
2.  Preheat your metric oven to close to the highest it will allow, since Celcius means almost nothing to you.
3.  Chop up a cauliflower and a potato and place in roasting rack with olive oil.  Check every once in a while to ensure that you aren't burning your cute little Swiss apartment to a crisp.
4.  Meanwhile...  Chop and sautée an onion in olive oil in a pot.
5.  Remember to take the potatoes and cauliflower out of the oven!!
6.  Add roasted veggies to the onion sauté and mix.
7.  Pour some plain soy milk over the mixture until the veggies are covered.  Add a pinch of cinnamon.
8.  Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.  Then, reduce to a simmer.
9.  Let simmer 20 minutes, or until you are so hungry you can't stand it anymore!  Salt and pepper to taste (if you happen to have salt and pepper)
10.  Serve with Ticinese greens salad with oil and vinegar. 

I had some vino rosso on hand, which tasted good with the greens, but I think a white wine would actually go better with this soup.  I'll have to go back to the store!

Serves a bunch of people for one meal, or one person for several days.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment